Are you Australian planning to visit the Maldives? Here are Things you should know:
Flights to the Maldives from Australia are operated by:
- Singapore Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Cathay Pacific
- China Southern
All flights from Australia involve at least one connection since there are no direct flights to the Maldives. Singapore is the most popular stopover point.
Flights from Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane take more than 14 hours while flights from Perth take 11 hours and 30 minutes.
For the cheapest or reasonable ticket prices, book flights to the Maldives between May and November. Book the Sunday flights; Saturday flights are the most expensive. Likewise, choose midday flights; morning flights are expensive.
Once in the Maldives, apply for a 30-day visa, present the following:
- Valid passport at least 6 Months from the date of entry.
- Valid return ticket
- Prepare enough funds for your expenses during your stay.
- And a confirmed hotel booking.
Things to do in Maldives:
- Beaches – Tap your sunscreen and get out in the sun get a splash of crystal clear water, and white powdered white sands you might get a glimpse of fishes while walking along the shore.
- Dolphin Watching – Maldives is the home of whales and 23 species dolphins even the rarest whale in the world can be spotted.
- Fishing – Have a great catch of Marlin, Tuna, Sailfish, Barracuda, and Wahoo. There is prohibited area in Maldives that limits you to do the activity get information from a licensed operator that can take you to enjoy the fishing spots in the country.
- Scuba Diving – We all know that sandy beaches and blue crystal water, the excellent reef that provides the abundance of marine life no wonder why the Maldives is the perfect place to dive.
- Surfing – To catch the best waves in Maldives depends to which atoll you wish to visit. Still, all year round your surfing escape comes with the best Maldivian view.
- Water Sports – Most Resorts in Maldives organize aqua sports activities and provide facilities such as water skiing, kiteboarding, and banana boats
- Male’ City – Visit Male’ City and check out museum’s, souvenir shopping, foods, and Religious Mosque will give you a tour of history about their country.
Where to Stay in the Maldives
Resorts and Hotels – Maldives is known for its well-structured and state of the art villas and hotels this accommodation Ideal for tourist that goes for a full luxury lifestyle.
Liveaboard – Best for travelers who is more into the adventure activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing and surfing with the luxury accommodation in a boat.
Guest House – Perfect for travelers on a budget a Bed of Breakfast kind of accommodation they offer similar activities that the first class resort has
Adventure Maldives gives you the best and experienced Liveaboard industry can offer it can show travelers a different and unique experience:
- Surf Cruise – Liveaboard surfing cruise with snorkeling and fishing
- Scuba Escape – Liveaboard scuba diving cruise through Central Atolls
- Snorkeling Quest – Liveaboard snorkeling cruise with fishing
- Fishing Escape – Liveaboard fishing cruise with snorkeling